Royal Enfield and Toyota unveiled their respective flex fuel vehicles at the Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024, marking a significant step toward sustainable mobility. RE introduces the Classic 350 flex fuel, which can run on an E85 petrol-ethanol blend, and Toyota unveils the Innova Hycross flex fuel prototype, emphasizing their commitment to alternative fuel options in the automotive landscape.
Royal Enfield Classic 350 Flex Fuel
RE’s iconic Classic 350 takes a green turn with the introduction of the flex fuel variant. The Classic 350 flex fuel can seamlessly run on a petrol-ethanol blend containing up to 85 percent ethanol. The distinct feature of this eco-friendly variant is its bespoke paint job, adorned with a unique green-red color scheme, setting it apart from its traditional counterparts.
Despite its eco-friendly credentials, the Classic 350 flex fuel remains mechanically identical to the standard Classic 350. It retains the air-cooled, 349cc, single-cylinder engine, delivering 20.2hp at 6,100rpm and 27Nm of torque at 4,000rpm, paired with a 5-speed gearbox. This addition to Royal Enfield’s lineup signifies a step towards more sustainable and diverse fueling options.
Toyota Innova Hycross Flex Fuel Prototype
Toyota, a leader in hybrid technology, unveils the Innova Hycross flex fuel prototype, showcasing the potential of flexible-fuel options in the automotive industry. Operating on a strong hybrid engine, this prototype functions on an impressive 60 percent electric mode, utilizing the battery pack, with the remaining 40 percent relying on the ethanol-powered engine.
The 2.0-litre, strong-hybrid engine of the Innova Hycross flex-fuel prototype features specialized components, including different spark plugs, piston ring tops, valves, and valve seats designed to resist water and prevent corrosion during ethanol operation. This innovative approach aims to achieve lower well-to-wheel emissions, aligning with Toyota’s commitment to sustainable mobility.
- Ayesha Curry and Stephen Curry’s Luxury Car Collection
- The Hyundai Creta N-Line Revealed – Bookings open
- Tesla Roadster 2025: Elon Musk Announces Acceleration Breakthrough and SpaceX Package
- Mahindra All-new Thar Earth Edition Launched in India- Key Features
- Fiat Unveils Panda-Inspired Concepts, Teasing Future Lineup Launching 2024-2027
Flex Fuel Technology
Flex fuel technology, epitomized by the Classic 350 flex fuel and the Innova Hycross prototype, is a key player in the move towards sustainable transportation. A flexible-fuel vehicle, capable of running on a blend of gasoline and ethanol or methanol, offers a versatile solution to reduce environmental impact.
As Royal Enfield and Toyota lead the way in showcasing the potential of flex fuel options, the automotive landscape in India witnesses a significant shift towards more eco-friendly and diverse fueling choices. The Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024 serves as a platform for innovation, emphasizing the industry’s commitment to embracing alternative fuels for a greener future.
Stay tuned for further developments as Royal Enfield and Toyota spearhead the adoption of flex fuel technology, paving the way for a more sustainable and environmentally conscious automotive ecosystem in India.
Welcome to Showroomex.com, an online automotive platform curated by the passionate automobile enthusiast, Mansoor Ali. With a dedicated commitment to delivering unbiased and comprehensive information, Showroomex.com has been a trusted source for car, bike, and other automobile insights for over 5 years. (full bio)