Last Updated on June 1, 2023 by Mansoor AliHome » Morris Garages »
MG Astor: British brand MG Motor, a subsidiary of Chinese auto giant SAIC, has no choice but to drive SUVs in India. MG Motor, which started in Hector. And later introduced the ZS EV electric SUV, and the Gloster premium SUV.
Next up is the SUV, Hector’s brother Hector Plus. It would be a mistake to think that MG Motor will introduce a sedan or hatchback. The MG 5th SUV is the same, the name is MG Astor.
MG motors recently revealed their compact SUV MG Astor to be launched in India very soon in September. The Astor SUV will be positioned below the Hector. The Bombardier Global Express Raytheon Sentinel, modified for the Royal Air Force in the UK, is named after an astor inspired by a plane.
How MG Astor Looks different from its Rivals
What makes the MG Astor special is that the SUV will take advantage of the potential of Artificial Intelligence and Level 2 Autonomous Technology. Astor is equipped with a mid-range radar and a multi-purpose camera for the Level 2 autonomous system. The MG Astor could be the first car in the segment to provide an ADAS system under Rs.20Lakh. The Astor comes with this technology after XUV 700. furthermore, the ADAS is a bunch of features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Departure Prevention, Intelligent Headlamp Control (IHC), and Ride Drive Assist (RDA) to enhance the safety of the passenger.
List of Key Features
The MG Astor will be superior in features compared to Hector. The SUV is likely to get a bigger infotainment system -10.1inch, Digital driver display, Apple car play android auto. Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven features with virtual assistant voice command. In addition to the previously mentioned features, Astor also comes with connected car technology, a 360 Degree camera, a Panoramic Sunroof, automatic climate control.This could be the first car in the segment to provide an ADAS system with features like Adaptive Cruise Control. ADAS System also includes Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, etc…
MG Astor will get an Artificial Intelligence assistant to talk about your car condition and your comfort requirements. You can ask random questions to the virtual assistant and you will get answered.
Key highlights of MG Astor
- The MG Astor will be the Enhanced petrol version of MG ZS EV
- Also It will be the first car in indian market to get an Artificial Intelligence system
- It can imitate human behavior and assist to open or function features through voice command.
- It could be the first car in the segment to provide ADAS system under Rs.20Lakh after XUV 700. The ADAS is a bunch of Features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning,. It also include Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Departure Prevention, Intelligent Headlamp Control (IHC) and Ride Drive Assist (RDA) to enhance safety of the passenger.
MG Astor is a facelifted version of ZS EV but with a petrol engine. Moreover, the Indian C SUV segment is waiting for its arrival and from the partially unveiled pictures and details, we can expect a large new grille. And a redesigned front bumper refreshed sleek LED headlamps and the interior will be similar to the Hector models with the dual-tone color combination.
Also, the picture of the front of the MG SUV attracts from The chrome stud pattern on Astor’s grille which bears a striking resemblance to Hector’s grille. MG Motor claims that the grill was inspired by Cosmic Lines. The Upcoming MG SUV will be smaller in size compared to Hector but will be superior in terms of features.
Although the company has not revealed the details of the car’s interior completely, MG Motor has confirmed that the ‘Dual Tone Sangria Red’ interior will be available in Astor. It will be one of the three interior themes available in the SUV.
The MG Astor will compete against the giants like Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, Skoda Kushaq, Nissan kicks, and the family member Mg Hector.
Engine and Price
The engine specifications of the MG new SUVnew MG will be naturally aspirated 1.5-liter petrol producing 120 hp and 150 Nm of torque and 1.3-liter turbo-petrol producing 163 hp and 230 Nm of torque. Transmission offer may include both Manual and Automatic.
Also, the expected ex-showroom price will be starting from Rs.12.00 Lakhs
READ MORE :
- All About Aston Martin Cars
- Audi e tron Review
- Bently Continental GT price in India
- BMW X1 Price in India
- Brezza 2022 Launch date in India
- Why Bugatti Is So Expensive?
- Best car dealers in Dubai
- Concorde Motors Kochi
- Honda Showroom Kochi
- Indus Motors Thevara
- KIA DEALERS IN PUNE
- Lamborgini Showroom in India
- Nippon Toyota Kalamassery
- Rolls Royce Showroom in India
- Sai Service Pathadipalam
- Top 10 Car Showrooms Kottayam,
- Top 5 Car Showrooms Trivandrum
- BREZZA 2022 vs TATA NEXON
- Citroen C3 price in India
- 2021 Chevrolet corvette vs Mustang Shelby GT50
- Is Mercedes-Benz better than BMW?
- EcoSport Price in Kerala
- Upcoming Ford cars in India –
- Cars price in India
- Hyundai Creta
- i20 Price in Kerala on-road
- venue price in India
- KIA Carens price in India on road
- Carnival 2021 India
- KIA Cars on road price in India
- seltos price in Kerala
- Kia sonet price in Kerala
- Landrover Range rover Evoque review
- Mahindra Bolero Neo