In the intriguing saga of Maruti Suzuki’s automotive evolution, the Y17, an internal codename for the three-row variant of the Grand Vitara, emerges as a potential game-changer. Anticipated to grace the Indian roads in 2025, this enigmatic model is shrouded in a degree of uncertainty regarding its seating configurations, with both six- and seven-seater options under contemplation.
When it comes to performance, the Grand Vitara+ is expected to carry forward the legacy with the proven 1.5L four-cylinder K15C mild hybrid petrol engine and the robust 1.5L three-cylinder strong hybrid petrol engine. The potential inclusion of the K15C Dual Jet Dual VVT smart hybrid petrol engine in lower and mid-spec variants adds a layer of versatility, while the top-end trims are likely to boast the fuel-efficient strong hybrid powerplant sourced from Toyota.
Noteworthy is the prospect of the Grand Vitara’s seven-seater variant giving rise to a Toyota counterpart, drawing inspiration from the Urban Cruiser Hyryder. This strategic collaboration could further diversify the market, offering consumers a compelling choice in the burgeoning SUV segment.
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 7-Seater Render
The Grand Vitara+ represents Maruti Suzuki’s strategic pivot towards a future anchored in strong hybrid technology. Recognizing the evolving preferences of the Indian consumer, Maruti Suzuki aims to strike a delicate balance between pricing and powertrain sophistication. The Y17, with its fusion of affordability and cutting-edge technology, aspires to emerge as the next star in Maruti Suzuki’s illustrious lineup of family-oriented vehicles.
- Ayesha Curry and Stephen Curry’s Luxury Car Collection
- The Hyundai Creta N-Line Revealed – Bookings open
- Tesla Roadster 2025: Elon Musk Announces Acceleration Breakthrough and SpaceX Package
- Mahindra All-new Thar Earth Edition Launched in India- Key Features
- Fiat Unveils Panda-Inspired Concepts, Teasing Future Lineup Launching 2024-2027
- Volkswagen Recalls 261,257 Cars Over Fuel Pump Issue
- Toyota and BMW Announce Recalls for Popular Models- Here is Why
- Hyundai Creta N Line to Launch on March 11- Key Details
- No More ‘H’ Test – Kerala Motor Vehicle Department Introduces New Driving License Test Rule
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Drives Change with Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric SUV
The journey from the successful Ertiga to the XL6 and the Invicto has paved the way for the Grand Vitara+ to script its own success story. The Y17, equipped with both mild and strong hybrid engines, is poised to become Maruti Suzuki’s flagship IC-engined SUV upon its debut. With an expected price tag surpassing Rs. 15 lakh (ex-showroom), the Grand Vitara+ aims to redefine 7-seater mobility, offering a perfect blend of power, performance, and panache.
In conclusion, the Grand Vitara+ beckons as a symbol of Maruti Suzuki’s commitment to innovation and consumer-centric offerings. As it readies itself for the spotlight in 2025, the Y17 sets the stage for a new chapter in India’s automotive narrative, promising a delightful blend of sophistication and success.
Welcome to Showroomex.com, an online automotive platform curated by the passionate automobile enthusiast, Mansoor Ali. With a dedicated commitment to delivering unbiased and comprehensive information, Showroomex.com has been a trusted source for car, bike, and other automobile insights for over 5 years. (full bio)