Last Updated on January 11, 2024 by AliHome »
Import cars from Dubai to India- Detail Guide
Importing cars to India from Dubai can be an intense operation due to the regulatory and bureaucratic requirements concerned. Nonetheless, it is to get a vehicle from Sharjah to Delhi with good planning & a keen eye for detail. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide on want to receive a car to India from Dubai.
How you can import cars to India from Dubai
Check the eligibility criteria:
Before importing a car to India, it is essential to check the eligibility criteria. As per the Indian government’s guidelines, any vehicle lower than three years old is not eligible for import. Furthermore, only Indian nationals or foreign nationals. Those residing in India for more than a year can import a car to India. Additionally, the vehicle should have a valid registration in Dubai, and the importer must obtain an import license from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
Choose a reliable shipping company:
The next step is to choose a reliable shipping company that can handle the transportation of vehicles from Dubai to India. It is to select a shipping company that practices handling car shipments and has a good reputation. The shipping company should be able to provide door-to-door service and take care of all the customs formalities involved.
Obtain a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the manufacturer:
Before importing a car to India, it is necessary to gain a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the car manufacturer. The NOC certifies that the vehicles can comply with Indian emission and safety standards. The NOC can be by the manufacturer’s authorized dealer or representative in Dubai.
Get the car tested in Dubai:
Once you have obtained the NOC from the manufacturer, the next step is to get the car tested in Dubai. The vehicles are to undergo an emission and roadworthiness test conducted by the Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA). The test results need to be along with the import documents.
Obtain the export certificate from Dubai:
To export a vehicle from Dubai. It is needed to receive an export certificate from the Dubai Customs Authority. The exporter was to upload the original registration documents, a copy of the passport, and the export certificate application to the Dubai Customs Authority. The export certificate will be issued after the customs authority verifies the documents and carries a physical evaluation of the car.
Prepare the import documents:
To receive a vehicle to India. Several documents need to be ready, including:
- Bill of Lading: This document is by the shipping company and serves as a receipt of the shipment. The bill of lading contains information such as the name of the exporter and importer, the vessel name, and the date of shipment.
- Commercial Invoice: The commercial invoice is by the exporter and contains information about the car’s value, the exporter and importer’s names, and the terms of sale.
- Insurance Certificate: The insurance certificate provides coverage for the car during the transportation process.
- Packing List: The packing list contains details about the car’s weight, dimensions, and other relevant information.
- NOC: The NOC is obtained from the car manufacturer.
- Import License: The import license is obtained from the DGFT.
Pay the customs duty:
Importing a car to India attracts customs duty. They can be calculated based on the car’s value, insurance, and freight charges. The customs duty can range from 60% to 100% of the car’s value, depending on the engine capacity and the vehicle’s age. The customs duty is received before the car is from the customs port.
Register the car in India:
Once the car is from the customs port, it is with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in India. The importer needs to submit the following documents to the RTO for registration:
- Bill of Entry: This document is by the customs authorities and contains information about the imported car.
- Customs Clearance Certificate: This certificate is by the customs authorities and certifies. that the car has best for import.
- NOC from the manufacturer.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Original invoice.
- Import license.
- Roadworthiness Certificate: This certificate is by the testing agency and certifies that the car is roadworthy.
- Proof of residence: This document proves that the importer is a resident of India.
- PAN Card: The importer needs to provide their PAN card details.
- Form 22: This is a kind that needs to be filled out and submitted to the RTO.
- Customs duty payment receipt.
Pay the road tax:
Once the car is certified with the RTO, the importer needs to pay the road tax. The road tax is calculated based on the car’s engine capacity and the state where the vehicle will be certified. The road tax needs to be before the car is allowed to speed on Indian roads.
Get the car inspected by the RTO:
After the road tax is covered, the RTO will be best for the car to insure. It meets Indian safety and emission standards. The importer ensures that the vehicle is in good condition and meets all the requirements.
Obtain the registration certificate:
Once the car passes the inspection, the RTO will issue a registration certificate. The registration certificate serves as proof of ownership and certification of the car in India.
Obtain the number plates:
After obtaining the registration certificate, the importer needs to gain the number plates for the car. The number plates gain be affixed to the vehicle before it is driving on Indian roads.
How you can import cars to India from Dubai – Conclusion
Importing a car from Dubai to India can be a complex process, but with careful planning and attention to detail, it is possible to import a car to India. The importer gains to ensure. And they meet all the eligibility criteria and obtain all the necessary documents before importing the vehicle. It is an allegation to choose a reliable shipping company that practices handling car shipments and can handle all the customs formalities involved. Once the car is received, it is licensed with the RTO and undergoes a physical inspection to ensure it meets Indian safety and emission standards. Overall, importing a car to India from Dubai can be a rewarding experience, provided the importer follows all the necessary procedures and regulations.
- All About Aston Martin Cars
- Audi e tron Review
- Bently Continental GT price in India
- BMW X1 Price in India
- Brezza 2022 Launch date in India
- Why Bugatti Is So Expensive?
- Best car dealers in Dubai
- Concorde Motors Kochi
- Honda Showroom Kochi
- Indus Motors Thevara
- KIA DEALERS IN PUNE
- Lamborgini Showroom in India
- Nippon Toyota Kalamassery
- Rolls Royce Showroom in India
- Sai Service Pathadipalam
- Top 10 Car Showrooms Kottayam,
- Top 5 Car Showrooms Trivandrum
- BREZZA 2022 vs TATA NEXON
- Citroen C3 price in India
- 2021 Chevrolet corvette vs Mustang Shelby GT50
- Is Mercedes-Benz better than BMW?
- EcoSport Price in Kerala
- Upcoming Ford cars in India –
- Cars price in India
- Hyundai Creta
- i20 Price in Kerala on-road
- venue price in India
- KIA Carens price in India on road
- Carnival 2021 India
- KIA Cars on road price in India
- seltos price in Kerala
- Kia sonet price in Kerala
- Landrover Range rover Evoque review
- Mahindra Bolero Neo
- Pickup price 2021
- Mahindra Thar on road price in Kerala
- XUV 300 on road price in India
- Mahindra XUV 700 on road price in Kerala
- Mahindra XUV700
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza
- Alto 800 Price in Kerala
- Alto K10 2022 | Alto K10 2022 model price
- Ignis price in India in 2022
- Alto 800 price in India
- Eco price in India
- Ertiga price
- Swift price On road in India
- Vitara Brezza
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R price in India
- New Celerio 2021
- Swift Price in Kerala
- Vitara Brezza with price
- Wagon R Price in Kerala
- MINI COOPER SE
- MG Astor-
- MG Hector price in Kerala
- Nissan Pathfinder 2022
- Renault Triber review
- Most expensive Rolls Royce
- S cross price in India
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Super Cars worth waiting for
- Nexon Price in Kerala
- TATA Harrier on-road price in Kerala
- Tata Upcoming Cars
- Tiago Price in Kerala
- 2021 tesla model 3 standard range
- Fortuner Top Model Price in India
- Innova Crysta price in India
- Innova Crysta Price in Kerala
- Price for Toyota Yaris 2021
- Toyota Urban cruiser price in India
- Polo on road price in Kerala
Mansoor Ali, a Feature Writer, embarked on his journey five years ago with showroomex.com, fueled by his enthusiasm for cars. Starting as an eager journalist, he quickly became a seasoned professional, expanding his expertise to cover both bikes and cars. (Full Bio)