Last Updated on January 29, 2023 by Mansoor Ali
The cost of charging a Tesla depends on several factors, including the type of charging station, electricity rate, location, and the type of Tesla vehicle.
Level 1 charging, which charging technique is the slowest, can be done using a standard 110V household outlet. It is typically the least expensive option, but it is also the slowest and can take several hours to finish a Tesla battery’s charge. The price of Level 1 charging varies based on electricity rates, but it typically ranges from $0.12 to $0.24 per kilowatt-hour (kWh).
Level 2 charging is more rapid than Level 1 and requires a 220V charging station. This type of charging station is typically more expensive than Level 1 charging though it is also faster. Cost of Level 2 charging ranges from $0.10 to $0.20 per kWh.
How much Tesla charging cost?
Tesla’s Supercharger network is the fastest way to charge a Tesla vehicle and is designed specifically for Tesla owners. Supercharging a Tesla is free for Model S and Model X owners who purchased their automobiles before January 2017. Moreover, for newer Model S and Model X vehicles, as well as all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles, Supercharging costs $0.28 per kWh. It is still less expensive than most other fast-charging options though it is more expensive than Level 2 charging.
In addition to the cost of electricity, Tesla owners may also have to pay a fee to use a public charging station, such as a Level 2 or Supercharger station. The charge for using a public charging station can range from $0.50 to $5.00 per hour.
It’s also worth mentioning that charging a Tesla at home is more convenient and typically less expensive than charging at a public charging station. Tesla owners may charge their cars while they sleep at home and benefit from cheaper electricity costs at night.
In conclusion, the cost of charging a Tesla depends on several factors, including the type of charging station, electricity rate, location, and the type of Tesla vehicle. Level 1 charging is the least expensive option though it is also the slowest. Level 2 charging is more expensive than Level 1 charging but is faster. Supercharging is the best way to charge a Tesla though it is also the most valuable. While using home charging, Tesla owners can take advantage of lower overnight electricity rates and may recharge their cars while sleeping.
READ MORE :
- All About Aston Martin Cars
- Audi e tron Review
- Bently Continental GT price in India
- BMW X1 Price in India
- Brezza 2022 Launch date in India
- Why Bugatti Is So Expensive?
- Best car dealers in Dubai
- Concorde Motors Kochi
- Honda Showroom Kochi
- Indus Motors Thevara
- KIA DEALERS IN PUNE
- Lamborgini Showroom in India
- Nippon Toyota Kalamassery
- Rolls Royce Showroom in India
- Sai Service Pathadipalam
- Top 10 Car Showrooms Kottayam,
- Top 5 Car Showrooms Trivandrum
- BREZZA 2022 vs TATA NEXON
- Citroen C3 price in India
- 2021 Chevrolet corvette vs Mustang Shelby GT50
- Is Mercedes-Benz better than BMW?
- EcoSport Price in Kerala
- Upcoming Ford cars in India –
- Cars price in India
- Hyundai Creta
- i20 Price in Kerala on-road
- venue price in India
- KIA Carens price in India on road
- Carnival 2021 India
- KIA Cars on road price in India
- seltos price in Kerala
- Kia sonet price in Kerala
- Landrover Range rover Evoque review
- Mahindra Bolero Neo
- Pickup price 2021
- Mahindra Thar on road price in Kerala
- XUV 300 on road price in India
- Mahindra XUV 700 on road price in Kerala
- Mahindra XUV700
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza
- Alto 800 Price in Kerala
- Alto K10 2022 | Alto K10 2022 model price
- Ignis price in India in 2022
- Alto 800 price in India
- Eco price in India
- Ertiga price
- Swift price On road in India
- Vitara Brezza
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R price in India
- New Celerio 2021
- Swift Price in Kerala
- Vitara Brezza with price
- Wagon R Price in Kerala
- MINI COOPER SE
- MG Astor-
- MG Hector price in Kerala
- Nissan Pathfinder 2022
- Renault Triber review
- Most expensive Rolls Royce
- S cross price in India
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Super Cars worth waiting for
- Nexon Price in Kerala
- TATA Harrier on-road price in Kerala
- Tata Upcoming Cars
- Tiago Price in Kerala
- 2021 tesla model 3 standard range
- Fortuner Top Model Price in India
- Innova Crysta price in India
- Innova Crysta Price in Kerala
- Price for Toyota Yaris 2021
- Toyota Urban cruiser price in India
- Polo on road price in Kerala