Dodge proudly presents the 2024 Hornet GT, an entry-level trim that refuses to compromise on power and performance. With a starting price of $32,995, the Hornet GT brings an impressive package, featuring a robust 268-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and all-wheel drive as standard. For enthusiasts looking for an extra edge, the Track pack, available for an additional $2,995, enhances performance with dual-mode dampers, Brembo front brakes boasting red calipers, and 20-inch Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires.
Paying homage to Dodge’s iconic performance legacy, the 2024 Hornet stands out as the most powerful compact utility vehicle in its segment. The GT model claims the title for the fastest top speed, while the R/T secures its place as the quickest PHEV Compact Crossover, achieving a remarkable 0-60 mph in just 5.6 seconds.
For those seeking top-tier performance, the Hornet PHEV offers a thrilling driving experience. With a top speed of 128 mph, the capability to reach 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds, and delivering up to 383 pound-feet of torque, it comes equipped with the Segment-Exclusive PowerShot feature, providing an additional 30 horsepower for a total of 288 horsepower.
The R/T model takes a step further by seamlessly switching between electric and gas power. It offers an EPA-estimated 32 miles on a single electric charge and an impressive total driving range of up to an EPA-estimated 360 miles, showcasing its capability to extend miles effortlessly.
- Ayesha Curry and Stephen Curry’s Luxury Car Collection
- The Hyundai Creta N-Line Revealed – Bookings open
- Tesla Roadster 2025: Elon Musk Announces Acceleration Breakthrough and SpaceX Package
- Mahindra All-new Thar Earth Edition Launched in India- Key Features
- Fiat Unveils Panda-Inspired Concepts, Teasing Future Lineup Launching 2024-2027
- Volkswagen Recalls 261,257 Cars Over Fuel Pump Issue
- Toyota and BMW Announce Recalls for Popular Models- Here is Why
- Hyundai Creta N Line to Launch on March 11- Key Details
- No More ‘H’ Test – Kerala Motor Vehicle Department Introduces New Driving License Test Rule
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Drives Change with Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric SUV
Enhancing the driving experience even further, the Hornet R/T features column-mounted paddle shifters and the Class-Exclusive PowerShot feature, providing an extra 30 horsepower for up to 15 seconds. The 2.0L Hurricane4 Turbo engine makes the 2024 Dodge Hornet GT the fastest CUV in its segment.
Pros and Cons
Pros of the 2024 Dodge Hornet:
- Powerful performance for its segment
- Available plug-in hybrid option
- Sporty driving experience
- Advanced tech features
- Priced like a compact SUV, yet interior space resembles a subcompact
- GT model’s relatively low mpg
Expanding the Hornet lineup, the introduction of the R/T plug-in hybrid brings 32 miles of all-electric range, emphasizing performance-oriented capabilities. The Plus trim levels also receive an upgrade with the addition of a hands-free power liftgate.
Internally, the Hornet impresses with a high-quality interior, featuring Alfa Romeo switchgear elements, a 10.25-inch touchscreen equipped with Uconnect5, and a fully digital 12.3-inch instrument cluster. The Hornet GT and R/T not only provide a sporty and premium look but also set a new standard in the compact SUV segment, redefining what it means to drive a powerful and efficient vehicle in this category.
Mansoor Ali, a Feature Writer, embarked on his journey five years ago with showroomex.com, fueled by his enthusiasm for cars. Starting as an eager journalist, he quickly became a seasoned professional, expanding his expertise to cover both bikes and cars. (Full Bio)